Hello Owl Families!
What a great start to the school year we have had! The first trimester of school is nearly over and we have had so many successes to celebrate already. Students are coming to school every day and on time as is shown by our 97.3% positive attendance rate. Keep it up families! The fall/winter months and holidays are often very busy and a time of year when illness is more common. In order to have the best shot at academic success it is imperative that students are in school every day and on time. Please only keep your child home if they have a fever, pink eye, vomiting, diarrhea, or other cold/flu symptoms that have them feeling miserable/uncomfortable. For the milder cold/flu symptoms like cough and runny nose we can support your child while at school with kleenex, hand sanitizer, and consults from our nurse as needed.
Some of the highlights from Trimester 1 include:
- An extremely fun and successful Harvest Carnival. Thank you PTA, staff, and families!
- 2 SOAR assemblies where we recognized students that are really going above and beyond with expectations.
- A professional BMX assembly that highlighted important character traits such as friendship, respect, and honesty.
- Teachers working collaboratively to provide quality learning opportunities to meet the needs of every student.
- Increased safety measures taken to keep students and staff safe throughout the school day.
- Students working hard to achieve their goals both academically and behaviorally. Specific data updates will be shared out once Trimester 1 grades and assessments have been finalized. We will have a lot to celebrate!
November 13th is Orchard's Night to Shine at the monthly Board of Trustees meeting at our District office. All families are welcome to attend and represent Orchard as I give a short presentation to showcase our school.
Be on the lookout for upcoming communications regarding family nights and parent info nights for a variety of topics throughout the remainder of this school year.
We look forward to our continued partnership with our families and the community.
Warmest wishes for a wonderful holiday season,